Life is not easy. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from; everybody at some point will experience setbacks, adversity, and stress.
When your plate is full, maybe you’re burnt out at work or with extra responsibilities; perhaps you didn’t pass that exam, get that raise, or get into that school this year – whatever the setback, it doesn’t mean you have failed.
“Sometimes you’ll step backward, but that doesn’t mean you should quit”
Setbacks feel like absolutes, but they are nearly pitstops along the way. Sometimes you need an excellent mantra or reminder to keep you mentally strong.
Here are 6 reminders for you when setback and feeling stuck.
1. It’s up to you to change the course you’re currently on. You can’t wait around for someone to offer you a sparkling new opportunity. You can’t cross your fingers that things will magically change if you wait long enough.
If there’s a chance you’re interested in making it in your world, then you need to be the one to make it.
You need to put in the effort, take the initiative, and create the power to transform your own life. Take it.
2. Moving backward, or putting your goals on pause, is part of life. It’s good that you want to move forward — but you shouldn’t be too hard on yourself for any setbacks you have faced. You’re not always going to be taking steps forward.
Sometimes, you’ll take steps sideways, and sometimes you’ll step backward, but that doesn’t mean you should quit.
Mistakes are bound to happen. They aren’t necessary. What’s important is how you recover from them.
3. Procrastinating isn’t going to do you any favors. The timing is never going to be perfect. You’re always going to be able to come up with an excuse to wait until tomorrow if you let yourself.
You have to learn the difference between moments when waiting is a rational choice and when waiting is a form of procrastination.
You cannot allow fear to hold you in place. Eventually, you need to stop talking about what you’re planning on doing and actually follow through on the idea.
4. Your comfort zone isn’t going to help you grow. If you don’t try, then you will never know. Challenging yourself to move out of your comfort zone is uncomfortable.
If you’re stuck, live for the uncomfortable to get out there and take (smart, thoughtful) risks.
If you remain in your comfort zone because it’s easier, more comfortable, more reliable, then you’re never going to evolve. Learn to trust yourself enough to take a chance on yourself!
5. Just because you feel stuck doesn’t mean it’s the reality. Maybe you feel like you haven’t been making an ounce of progress lately. Perhaps you feel like you’re no closer to your dreams today than you were years ago. It’s important to remember that small progress isn’t always so obvious.
Therefore, you may already be advancing toward your goals without even realizing it.
The feeling is real; however, with each small improvement, you are still moving towards the main objective.
6. You might be stuck right now, but you won’t be stuck forever. Maybe you’re in a position where you quite literally cannot make a change you’ve been dreaming about for ages. One of the things you can do is develop a growth mindset. A winning attitude.
Don’t allow the circumstance you’re in limit or diminish your hope for better. You can always improve if you remain persistent. If you are stuck now don’t doubt yourself and keep moving forward.
Situations and events are the elements that are out of our control. Your greatest weapon is the power of your thoughts which influence your mood, feelings, and attitude.
Things happen to us, but how you respond is completely up to you. Becoming stuck is one thing. Accepting being stuck as permanent is another.
Thank you for tuning in. Please share with someone who needs this!