What does your mindset do for you?
Today, we’re looking at growth mindset quotes that inspire you to live in courage and strength. All of the people below became extraordinary because of their growth mindset. So, use their sayings as your lifeboat when you need support, as well as a springboard to skyrocket your growth.
What is the growth mindset?
Our “view of life” drives our most basic thoughts and actions. The latest research tells us that there are two types of mindsets: fixed and growth.
“A fixed mindset” person thinks that our levels of intelligence, character, and ability are permanent. We are what we are, and extraordinary people were born that way.
A “growth mindset” person believes that growth is limitless. They challenge themselves daily and use failure as a stepping stone for progress.
The mindset that we develop (often beginning at an early age), determines our future personality, character, success, failure, and even our happiness in life.
How to Use the Growth Mindset Quotes
Here are fun ways to use the famous quotes below for yourself or your kids:
- Write one on the mirror with a dry erase marker
- Say one to yourself when you wake in the morning or go to bed at night.
- Pull one out of a jar when someone needs a boost
50 Inspirational Growth Mindset Quotes
Now, let’s dig in! It’s not about intelligence. It’s about what you do with the talents and gifts you have.
1. “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” – Albert Einstein
2. “A man’s mind, stretched by new ideas, may never return to its original dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
3. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” – Epictetus
5. “If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” – Ben Franklin – check
6. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.“ – Jim Rohn
7. “Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can; there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.” – Sarah Caldwell
Leave Your Safe Harbor Quotes
In order to live a growth mindset, you must leave the comfort of what’s safe for you.
8. “Don’t be too timid and squimish with your actions. All life is an experiment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “I am always doing what I cannot do yet. In order to learn how to do it.” Vincent Van Gogh
10. “We find comfort among those who agree with us, and growth among those who don’t.” – Frank A. Clark
11. “The people who think they are crazy enough to change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
12. “If you find a path with no obstacles it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
It’s Ok to Fail. In fact, It’s Necessary!
Failure is simply data. If you look at it like the magnificent learning tool it is, you’ll grow by leaps and bounds. These positive growth mindset quotes will help you do it!
13. “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. But it is the ability to resist or use failure that often leads to success.” – J.K. Rowling
14. Don’t worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try. — Sherman Finesilver
15. “The problem human beings face is not that we aim too high and fail. It’s that we aim too low and succeed.” – Michelangelo
16. “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure.” – Thomas Watson
17. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
18. “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
If you’ve been experiencing setbacks, read these inspiring adversity quotes.
The Fun is in the Becoming Sayings
Now, focus on growing. Enjoy the process. In the end, isn’t all of life a process?
19. “If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” – Michelangelo
20. “Success means doing the best we can with what we have. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Success is a personal standard, reaching for the highest that is in us, becoming all that we can be.” – Zig Ziglar
21. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
*Use these motivational tips to help you do your best!
22. “The best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself.” – Wallace Wattles
23. “Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
24. “If you improve 1% a day, then in 100 days, guess what? You’re 100% better.” – Ken Carter
25. A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it. — Ray Davis
Don’t Give Up Quotes About Growth Mindset
And most importantly, don’t give in. Because the point that you feel like giving up is where the magic happens.
26. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
27. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
28. “No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.” — Voltaire
29. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
30. “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
31. “There are three musts that hold us back: I must do well. You must treat me well. And the world must be easy.” – Albert Ellis
32. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” – Mary Anne Radmacher
Powerful Growth Mindset Quotes for Kids Too
And finally, these positive growth mindset quotes are perfect for inspiring kids and adults alike!
33. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
34. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” — Muhammad Ali
35. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
36. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
37. “Becoming is better than being.” — Carol Dweck
38. “Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.” – James Dewar
39. “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
40. “Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson
41. “It’s does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
42. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make a mistake.” – Elbert Hubbard
43. “You have to apply yourself each day to becoming a little better. By becoming a little better each and every day, over a period of time, you will become a lot better.” – John Wooden
44. “Always do what you are afraid of doing.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.” – Jack Sparrow
46. “Believe you can and you are halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
47. “Dreams won’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
48. “Test scores and measures of achievement tell you where a student is. But they don’t tell you where a student could end up.” – Carol Dweck
49. “All things are difficult before they are easy.” – Thomas Fuller
50. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney
Your mindset is the key to your development, growth, and happiness. No matter your struggles, your mind can will you through difficult times.
Thanks for reading, we hope you’re able to take one of these quotes and use them as needed. Share with someone who needs this!